No GTS release for Aurora?

I had recently tried bluefin OS’s GTS release cycle, but want to try out KDE next.

However when I went to go download my ISO, I did not see a GTS release for Aurora.

Is there any particular reason for this? I’m a big fan of having things very well tested before using them, had a bad experience when using Fedora and updating immediately to Fedora 40.

Is there Fedora version documentation for Aurora? I just want to know how much time is there between Fedora releases for the KDE spin and when that actually comes to Aurora.

Aurora predates F39 so there’s no gts release for it. (Otherwise it’d be Plasma 5 and no one really wants that). Aurora currently follows the stable release of Fedora, which right now is F40.

Ahh, gotcha. Thanks for the quick response!

So when Fedora 41 comes out, will there be a GTS release?

Not sure, depends on the person sending in the pull request.

Interesting. I am a little new to all of this (Fedora Silverblue/Atomic Desktops) so I do not completely understand how pull requests work in this context.

Do you mean that one the developers would have to submit pull requests to Fedora? Or that users of Aurora/Bluefin can submit pull requests?

It means that the people who submit the pull requests to the bluefin repo (which can be anyone) determine when/if they want to support a gts. I am unsure if aurora intends to offer a gts or not.

I want to offer a GTS Version of Aurora once Plasma 6 reaches more maturity (Version 6.2) and also switches to a half-year release cadence like the current gnome. So if my assumptions are correct, next year this cadence will begin, so I want to bring in a GTS version once Fedora 42 or F41 is out, not sure yet. But definitely I want to look in, into the future.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.