Is the Bazzite Arch container still supported in other distros?

I’ve just performed a clean install of Aurora 40 and tried to follow the steps laid out here: bazzite-arch/README.md at main · ublue-os/bazzite-arch · GitHub

When I try to export steam, for example, by running this command in the host system:

distrobox-enter -n bazzite-arch -- '  distrobox-export --app steam'

I get:

Error: crun: executable file ` distrobox-export --app steam` not found in $PATH: No such file or directory: OCI runtime attempted to invoke a command that was not found

Meanwhile if I enter the distrobox and just run steam directly it does run and let me install things (after turning on compatability mode in steam settings), but literally every game I’ve tried to run just exits immediately before even spooling up a window, including ones that I know run flawlessly on my steamdeck and are platinum rated on protondb.

Are there some additional config steps I should be taking that aren’t noted in the readme to get everything running?

I’m in the same boat.

Saw a couple users posting that they use bazzite-arch with distrobox to overcome steam flatpak issues on bluefin or aurora.

My experience is just as you’ve documented in your post. Clearly missing something.

I think the issue is the single quotes ' after arch --.

Tested on Bluefin latest, if you run:
distrobox enter -n arch -- echo hello
hello
Works as expected, with single quotes:
distrobox enter -n arch -- 'echo hello'
Error: crun: executable file 'echo hello' not found in $PATH

Funny enough if the command is a singular word such as:
distrobox enter -n arch -- 'vkcube'
It will work, I think it is the spaces in the singular quotes is what breaks.

Run the same commands as you are but remove the quotes. The -- acts essentially as a line break and does not require quotation, but just make sure there is proper spacing around it.

I export from within the bazzite-arch container. So, I choose “bazzite-arch” from Ptyxis’s drop-down menu in the top-left corner. Then I run distrobox-export --app steam.

Just to note: I am running Fedora Silverblue, but I wouldn’t expect that to impact this.

1 Like

I’m using boxbuddy to export steam app from bazzite-arch and it works fine.

Hope it helps

1 Like