Firefox Started Crashing on Bluefin

Firefox Flatpak was working fine on Bluefin, but has now started crashing.

I’m on 39 and it’s stable so far…

Firefox 125.0.3, running fine on 40 here with custom CSS and extensions. Does it keep crashing in safe mode also?

If you can launch normal Firefox and use it, open the hamburger menu, click on Help > Troubleshoot Mode > Restart. Alternatively flatpak run --command=firefox org.mozilla.firefox --safe-mode should invoke it from the terminal. Or you can also try creating a new profile by right clicking the Firefox icon > Open the Profile Manager. If these prevent crashes, your crashes might be isolated to your default profile (extensions, user prefs, etc.)

Hi Everyone. I have also experience Firefox (127.0.2) Flatpak hanging since updating to Aurora (Fedora 40). I’ve noticed that it seems more likely to happen while watching Youtube. Any advice in how to diagnose the issue? And is there a way to download a fresh install while preserving my bookmarks/extensions/settings/etc?

I’m having problems with Firefox crashing regularly with a clean install on Aurora installed yesterday.

It seems to happen most often when Firefox is just opened after a reboot or when I make it do something (going to extensions, opening/closing tabs, etc. )

It also has a problem when i do something else at the same time, like if I have a game running, it causes firefox to completely freeze

I have a nvidia gpu, maybe I’m missing some configuration?
Before installing I tested Aurora in a VM and had none of these problems…

Unfortunately, there’s a known crash for Firefox and its derivatives in Wayland on Nvidia drivers. All you got to do is go into Flatseal and turn off Wayland/enable X11 on Firefox and you’ll be golden.

1 Like

Before you posted I also found that I can boot the sessiom in X11 on the logon screen by changing “Desktop Session”

Tested and it is like magic, everything works as expected (for now) :smiley: