Why Gnome Terminal has disappeared from Bluefin-DX?

I did an rpm-ostree update and my 20240413 version of Bluefin-DX got replaced by 20240425. What I immediately noticed is that Gnome Terminal is not available anymore; it seems to have been replaced by Ptyxis. Is this behavior normal?

How could one prevent some applications of being replaced or removed after an update?

gnome-terminal is there just hidden, it’ll run via an alt-f2 command. If you copy /usr/share/applications/org.gnome.Terminal.desktop into your ~.local/share/applications and then remove the NoDisplay=true from that file that should restore it.

Though note that g-t is on the chopping block as soon as ptyxis starts making stable releases.

2 Likes

Thanks @j0rge!
Is there a log where it is documented what applications are being hidden, replaced. Which ones are being promoted? Or what changes were made from one version to another?

1 Like

Best advice I have right now is to star the project and get the notifications in your inbox: GitHub - ublue-os/bluefin: An interpretation of the Ubuntu spirit built on Fedora technology

This topic was automatically closed 12 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.