Wayblue : BlueBuild-based project for Wayland compositors / window managers

wayblue takes the BlueBuild template and builds out minimally-opinionated images for the following wayland compositors :

• wayfire (with wf-shell)
  • hyprland (with waybar)
  • sway (with waybar)
  • river (with waybar)
7 Likes

I would love to use and rebase to a bluebuild Hyperland with everything set up out of the box, it is a very intuitive compositor, i also loved using Newm.

How would it differ with just using someone else’s dotfiles ?

I could also use my own dot files, the point would be to get a working distro which i wouldn’t need to setup.

1 Like

I’m confused then

Isn’t that what Wayblue proposes ?

See :

Exactly, when I said i would love it was a wrong choice of words just because i will not use it now but I have been waiting for this for a long time and
I am very happy about it.
Sorry for the confusion !

1 Like

Ah okay, I get it, no problem !

But then…

What is stopping you from doing it ?

I need my laptop to work, and lastly it has been hard to get everything working since the last Nvidia updates i have been rebasing here and there from Bluefin to Bazzite, from stable to testing… and i have finally found stability in the Bluefin gts, so i will stay there for some time until things get better.
Thank you for your interest.

1 Like

I installed Wayblue Hyprland by rebasing a silverblue image on another older laptop, it works well out of the box, i will now see how can i tweak it to my taste.

I can’t seem to find a way to change the config files, do you think it is possible to tweak them or it isn’t because of the immutability ?
EDIT:
It is easier than i thought, i just had to create the files which were not auto generated into .config and reboot.

1 Like