Steamcloud Saves wont updating to Steam

Hey,

First of all I have to say that your operating system is very good and I have never used such a fast operating system before.

I have a problem that I can’t solve. Firstly, my OBS import data cannot be imported. OBS crashes and closes.

I read that KDE is working on an update for this reason, but I’m not sure if that’s the only reason, since it worked under Nobara.

It is also not possible to create scenes or sources. OBS crashes. I tried the flatpack user as well as the normal one, both had the same error.

My GPU is an AMD 7900 XTX

Now I’ve reinstalled Bazzite since my first install was with Big Steam Desktop. I don’t need it and decided not to update via rpm-ostree.

After reinstalling, I install a game that I actually play to test if my cloudsave works. It doesn’t work.

The Steamcloud works with all games that I have used on Nobara OS.

I know Bazzite is an immutable operating system, but is it possible that Steam isn’t able to upload my updated savegame back to the cloud?
Unfortunately, I lost a 12-hour game, which I’ll probably have to replay.

I am thankful for every help

Bazzite’s ‘immutable’ nature shouldn’t play a factor, since game datas lives in entirely in home folder which is writable.

It might just be that the data hasn’t been synced yet from Steam, and then starting the game overwrites it. Alternatively, there have been cases of cloud save sync folder being switched (happened to me with Sanoba Witch, the old data was still there, but Steam reads entirely different folder after an update to the game).

Also, this is a common issue with me on Steam - when I distro hop and a game is detected as installed, it reports error with Cloud save and I need to click the error to re-sync the Cloud save first.

It would help if you right click the game on Steam, open Properties, and check Steam Cloud Save use there?

I don’t know what the exact issue is, without seeing screenshots/videos/logs but Steam Cloud Saves aren’t as foolproof as one would hope. Perhaps you can use Ludusavi to manually back it up first, until you figure out the issue?

1 Like

There was a system update today and since then everything has been working as it should. So it was because of the KDE stuff. Thread can be closed.

Thank you very much for the help anyway