Steam rpm fusion included or flatpak?

Hey so I’m a huge fan of flatpak and i prefer it over native when it comes to proprietary software. I’m wondering if there is a way to get my external nvme to house my games. right now i’m having issues on getting my ssd recognized in steam and I’ve tried using flatseal and kdes permssions settings and nothing works. should i stay with the default steam installed in bazzite? would love a recommendation or help.

Does Bazzite recognize and mount your SSD? If that is the case, then you need to use Flatseal to whitelist the mount point. Open Flatseal, go to “Steam”, look for a section called “file system” and add the mount point.

1 Like

Does your SSD appear in the KDE Dolphin file manager and KDE Partition Manager?

My suggestion is to follow the Steam Flathub wiki page and do flatpak override --user --filesystem=/path/to/your/Steam/Library com.valvesoftware.Steam. You can check the path with KDE Partition Manager or lsblk --fs (I think).

Personally, I’d recommend just going with Bazzite’s default Steam. Less problems if you start using other tools that still doesn’t work with Flatpak Steam as well.

1 Like

that’s basically exactly what i did and still doesn’t recognize my drive.

yeah at this point i should just use the preinstalled steam. so far that one works. I’ve tried to troubleshoot this but whenever i tried to add the drive it doesn’t show up and i have to manually add it which blanks out and doesn’t do anything. i would love to use the flatpak version because i love to sandbox all my applications but i might have to use the native rpm package .

1 Like

Yes, I’d love to use Flatpak-everything as well, but as it is, it’s still not that well supported yet. Interfacing with other apps is still not great on Flatpak - adding non-Steam games via Lutris/Heroic/Bottles are all messed up, especially if it’s Flatpak to Flatpak. flatpak-spawn --host is so messy that I don’t want to deal with it at all.