Need help getting UxPlay to work

Hi folks, I’m out of ideas and I thought I’d resort to ask here first just in case anyone knows haha. I’m looking to run UxPlay, which allows for screen mirroring of iOS devices, but I’m unable to get it to work running on my host Silverblue, an Arch container, or even via Podman.

I keep getting this error:

> uxplay -p
UxPlay 1.68: An Open-Source AirPlay mirroring and audio-streaming server.
using network ports UDP 7011 6001 6000 TCP 7100 7000 7001
using system MAC address **:**:**:**:**:**
Initialized server socket(s)
*** ERROR: No DNS-SD Server found (DNSServiceRegister call returned kDNSServiceErr_Unknown)

which is related to mDNS as described in the Github page, however I fail to pinpoint a solution to tackle this problem. avahi-daemon is enabled and running, of course. I’ve also allowed mdns and opened the requested UDP port (5353). avahi-browse -at recognizes my iPhone both when unplugged and when plugged in, but UxPlay keeps crashing and so isn’t even detected by avahi-browse.

Does anyone have experience getting UxPlay to work in SIlverblue/Fedora at large? I remember in the past I never got this error in an Arch system (I never succeeded to mirror the display, but the issue was something else altogether) and I’m not sure what to do from here.

Alright, Installing it directly on the host finally works on my PC!

uxplay -p -vsync -vs waylandsink

Doesn’t work on my laptop which runs the Fedora kernel though, probably needed some more digging around. Either way here both audio and video works. The only con is that with -vs waylandsink it’s not possible to resize the window normally; on an X11 window it works fine. Will be looking into other options such as v4l2 and vulkan sinks as well.

So basically, just install it on top of the base image. Cheers!