How do I install Cockpit?

Hello, I am a Bazzite user (non-DX version).

I tried to run ujust cockpit to install Cockpit (based on this post), but it said the justfile doesn’t contain that script. From other forum searches there’s no suggestion it has been removed.

Could you please advise on the best way to install Cockpit, with that in mind? There is a guide on their website for CoreOS, but if you have a script specific to Universal Blue, I would prefer to use that.

To quote n3ddu8,

“There is no DX version of Bazzite at present. That command exists on Bluefin-DX and Aurora-DX but maybe not Bazzite based on your error (I don’t have a Bazzite system handy to check). You can see all the ujust commands available to you with ujust --choose

You could look at what it would take to port that script over to Bazzite, I believe it runs in a system container. Or you could layer it. You’d need to also layer any plugins you want to use then too though.

Thanks, I found what might be the needed script in the Bluefin repository. Do I just run the section in lines 17-67?

If it has any risk, perhaps it is better to file an issue for the developers of Bazzite. Looking forward to your views.

I’m by no means an expert, but it looks to me like much of the script relates to the ujust wrapper, I would think that lines 45 to 50 deal with installation and then lines 54 to 62 to enable the service.

It doesn’t look like it’s doing anything particularly risky, but yeah if you aren’t confident it might be worth checking with the uBlue devs.