What does “ujust bluefin-cli” actually do?

I have a fresh install of Bluefin-DX and I ran the “ujust bluefin-cli” command to add the “bling” to the terminal. Lots of programs appeared to be installed but after restarting the terminal (as instructed), nothing changed. I expected everything to be configured with defaults… Otherwise, what was the point to prompt the user to restart the terminal?

2 Likes

Did the exact same thing 20 minutes ago and thought exactly the same?

Yeah we need to hook up all the integration still, right now it’s just installing the packages:

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply @j0rge . Appreciate the work everyone is doing for this project!

2 Likes

I’ll take full blame for this, I offered to do it but real life got in the way. On my list of things to do:

1. Chezmoi in a Quadlet
  2. Gopass or some other signing GPG/SSH integration
  3. Do as I ssaid with the Bluefin-CLI
  4. Way down the list but important for my needs have a bootable OS (Bluefin) that uses containers/MicroVms to deploy VMMS and constrict systemd to system level. Basically something aking to cloud-hypervisor where you can install UEFI firmware direct boot and use Bluefin as a remote way to manage pfSensem application development via Firecracker/Rust VMM/Corvs on a laptop. That takes away Bluefin’s quirks and just makes it a disoable container you can blow away. Direct boot makes this possible open to ideas. The idea is to move away from needing a rack and if you’re airgapped you can still show demos. Ignore marketing names I need to figure out how to leverage Bluefin and deploy VMs with using SystemD as a way to do system things. Not emulate live environments.

Trust me without income I’m putting in 14 hour days. this “new tech” has a lot of gotchas. But I can’t make public things until June 16. I ran into the same problem with machine learning/AI … the software worked but until marketing came in made it a real hard sell. I’m not looking to make money off this except doing what I love and paying for Taco Bell. I think we need to focus on marketing without making stuff up.

1 Like

This is working now! Try it!

If anyone’s looking to help it’d be nice to put this behind a gumified toggle so people can turn it on and off at will.

2 Likes