Changing Xbox controller driver

Not sure where to post this at. Is there a way that you could add, change, or update the driver for xbox controllers to the xbox series x driver? When you do a fresh install of the OS it defaults the driver to xbox 360. Steam does not let you change this. Is it hard coded somewhere ??? Thank you for all of your hard work! Amazing team!!! Love the OS!!!

2 Likes

Are you connecting the controller, with bluetooth, the dongle, or USB? I think Bazzite uses the xone driver to connect with the dongle. Not sure about bluetooth. USB uses xpad, which only supports wired Xbox One and Xbox 360, and defaults to the latter for unrecognized devices. That might be what’s happening. I assume there’s a compatibility reason for Bazzite not using regular xone and xpad-noone like Nobara.

I’m using a USB Bluetooth adapter. I have uninstalled all drivers that for the xbox controller, reinstalled the latest drivers for the xbox series x controller. I’ve used xpad and several other controller config softwares. The system sees the controller, I can get readouts through the terminal showing the controller inputs in real time. The problem is with Steam. It is some how hard coded to an xbox 360 controller. I have no clue how to override this. I have been through all of the config files and manually set it to my controller. It still defaults to a 360 controller.

I’m having an issue with (two) xbox controllers disconnecting when using a bluetooth adapter. I have tried two controllers, two adapters, have updated my controllers via windows 11 separately, but get consistent 4-5 second disconnects on the controller every so often. I’m 4-5 feet away from the adapter with no obstructions. Anyone else run into this issue on Bazzite OS? It seems to be a bluetooth stack issue potentially.