Bazzite constantly "crashing" to black screen

Had Bazzite installed on my desktop machine for a good amount of time (around 6 months). Started running into a constant issue where it will “crash” into a black screen at random times. Sometimes it’s right after I log in. Sometimes it’s after I have been using my PC for a bit. Sometimes, before crashing into a black screen, it will send me back to the login screen, and after I log back in, it was crash to the black screen.

During the black screen crashes, 50% of the time I can see my cursor and move it around, but can’t do anything. Getting into TTY with Control + Alt + F3 “works”, but only in the respect that my cursor disappears and I can’t type or do anything else.

Not sure if it’s related, but clicking on an application to open also will show like it’s starting and then it just never does. In fact, most of the time when choosing an application, it will act like it’s loading, doesn’t and when I go to open it again, the taskbar is unresponsive.

EDIT: possible that it’s related to Wayland? I swapped over to X11 and haven’t run into any of the issues today that I have been. Anyone else having recent Wayland issues?

EDIT EDIT: just kidding. Gave it some time and started experiencing similar things to what it was on Wayland.

So this might be nothing, but I restarted and just was poking around the OS and Steam and didn’t have any issues. I launched Firefox after 30 minutes and had the black screen issue. Could there be something going on with Firefox right now? Using the flatpak version 131.0.