A red padlock icon blinks on `fastfetch` result

I recently rebased to Bazzite from Bluefin. In the fastfetch result, I remember on Bluefin, I had a closed padlock icon that didn’t blink. But after making the switch, it’s blinking in red colour on Bazzite.

As per this doc here, it indicates whether the image is signed or not. I’m not sure what it means. I used the following command to rebase.

rpm-ostree rebase ostree-unverified-registry:ghcr.io/ublue-os/bazzite-gnome:stable

Could someone give some directions on how to get this sorted? or can I simply ignore it?

You can’t rebase to our signed images from stock Fedora Atomic Desktop, so we give the unsigned image command. You can sign your image with this command:

rpm-ostree rebase ostree-image-signed:docker://ghcr.io/ublue-os/bazzite-gnome:stable
1 Like

Pretty sure you’re supposed to rebase to the signed image: rpm-ostree rebase ostree-image-signed:docker://ghcr.io/ublue-os/bazzite-gnome:stable as documented here. That padlock indicates you’re on unsigned, once you’re on the signed image the padlock will calm down.

1 Like

Thanks all, doing the above sorted it out.