Will "bazzite" work well with nvidia video cards 16 series+?

Will “bazzite” work well with nvidia video cards 16 series+? Because the site says about video cards of the 10+ series. I’m afraid something will go wrong…

I don’t know about Bazzite but I have run both Silverblue and Bluefin with my Acer laptop with a GeForce GTX 1650 Ti GPU for months with no issues at all.

1 Like

16 series (Turing, effectively 20 series without RTX) is a generation newer than the 10 series (Pascal), it’s only a couple of generations behind current so expect it will remain supported for a while. They still haven’t killed off the 10 series and 16/20 series+ should have support for the upcoming open source NVK driver and open source kernel modules.

With the upcoming driver improvements 16/20 series isn’t a bad place to be as long as the performance is sufficient for your use case.

Even if they stop supporting, will I be able to install the driver from their website and use the system normally?

You shouldn’t be installing the driver from the website in any case. Those only work on mutable linux systems, and even then aren’t normally the best way to install them.

Regardless of what Nvidia are doing the Nouveau driver will work with older cards including those that are currently unsupported.

1 Like

I’m tried with nvidia iso half year ago on Lenovo Legion 5i with 1660ti, it works fine, but your experience wouldn’t be much different from other Linux distros, nvidia iso doesn’t have gamemode