Terminal oopsy

Just got my Framework 13 today and have been setting it up all day (running Bluefin) but I think I messed up the Terminal app somehow (it was also defaulting to fedora-toolbox at one point) because I’m not seeing the terminal bling I enabled earlier such as atuin.

Terminal shown below:

Ptyxis shown below:

Any way to restore Terminal back to how it was?

1 Like

The trick is to run ujust bluefin-cli then toggle it on/off again, and then always restart the terminal. See if that sorts it.

Sadly doesn’t work :frowning:

Oh that’s interesting, I had the exact same issue with my Framework 13 too. It’s defaulting to the fedora-toolbox and not recognizing the ujust command.

Tested in a VM running bluefin:beta:

• Launching with the keyboard shortcuts launches the appropriate terminal (Ctrl+Alt+Enter for Host, Ctrl+Alt+U for Ubuntu, etc)
  • Launching with the desktop shortcut defaults to fedora-toolbox

I assume it’s because of the Ptyxis profiles:

The first profile is for fedora-toolbox, and there’s no “Host” profile or similar

Perhaps one is running bash, and the other zsh? This could be due to setting a command in ptyxis to run, e.g. zsh, while the system default is bash. Or some variation of this.

You can do

echo $0

To see which shell is running.

1 Like

This is the exact situation that I am in. I am using Bluefin for the first time, not on the beta, and (after using Ctrl+Alt+F) I have no way to access the host terminal unless I use the Ctrl+Alt+Enter shortcut.

Can someone file an issue so we can target this for the release? Would happily accept PRs that sort this out.

Filed ublue-os/bluefin#1834

1 Like