Nvidia packages still being downloaded during ujust upgrade after switching to Bazzite-gnome:stable

I changed out my Nvidia card for an AMD card.

I rebased to bazzite-gnome:stable

When I do ujust upgrade, it still seems to be trying to download / update nvidia packages still, but fails. It tells me I can do dnf clean packages to remove those files, but of course I can’t do that.

Any idea what I’m missing here?

That looks like it’s trying to upgrade one of your distroboxes, not your host.

1 Like

Right you are… It was from DavinciBox. I assume that since I had an Nvidia card when I first installed Resolve that the installer would perpetually keep the Nvidia driver up to date, and that if I uninstalled and reinstalled it now with my AMD card that it wouldn’t try to add the Nvidia stuff, correct?

If you passed --nvidia to your distrobox on creation then it has no idea you swapped out your GPU, it’ll just keep doing as your told until you tell it otherwise.

I’m hesistant to give you advice on the resolve stuff since I don’t use it so not sure what you should do with the container, but hopefully someone else will chime in!

I uninstalled reinstalled Resolve with the ujust install-resolve command and everything went perfect, and it no longer tries to add Nvidia based packages to DavinciBox. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.