Installing Aurora on a "Chrultrabook'd" Chromebook (Yoga C13)

Hi there! I made a similar post about this on the Chrultrabook forum as well, so I will add that post below for context. The gist is that I have replaced the Google firmware with MrChromeBox firmware, then installed Aurora as one would on most x86/64 hardware, however Chromebooks require certain scripts to get the audio and keyboard bindings working properly and I was wondering if anyone else here has done that?

1 Like

See here regarding the keyboard and audio scripts I mentioned

1 Like

Awesome, would you mind taking a picture? Would love to post it on social.

Ah, I still need to get the keyboard remapped with that keyboard script. Haven’t figured out how to get that working in Aurora yet, but I’ll take a pic soon.

I’m still pretty new to the separation that exists in these sorts of distros, how would I go about getting that keyboard script pre-applied as part of the image? Someone mentioned the script may need to be applied at build time for chromebooks?

Looking at the containerfile for Bluefin, I’m wondering if there’s any additions I need to make from Aurora to make sure that I’m getting all the qol fixes that they’ve added for KDE on this chromebook.
Looks like I need to source from Aurora with ARG SOURCE_IMAGE="aurora" correct?
I have also heard the folks from Ultramarine Linux may be using ublue to build images for chromebooks as well, so I may have to talk to them.

Oh I forgot there are tags for Bluefin and Aurora now. Hey @j0rge could you add that tag here?

1 Like

: a Skikk Dvallin - not quite a chromebook but certainly no high-spec. gaming device!

1 Like