Hi and I have some questions/issues

So I installed Bazzite today on my PC and was really impressed with how easy it is to get up and gaming on it vs other Linux distros, but I am having 3 minor problems, and I am not sure where to look to solve them (I am used to distros like Arch with lots of documentation so I usually don’t have to ask for help.)

Problem 1 (the smallest of the 3) is if I boot into “Gaming Mode” it always selects my dual sense as the default audio device. Is there a way to make it stop doing that?

Problem 2 In desktop mode I went to the settings in KDE and set the screen to turn off after a period of time but the screen never turns off. Is there a way to fix this? “kscreen-doctor --dpms off” will turn off the screen in the terminal.

Problem 3 If I put my computer to sleep it will not wake up from sleep and just becomes unresponsive to power button, mouse or keyboard.

If I could figure out these 3 issues (mainly the last 2 I can live with the DS5 issue) I would be ready to daily drive this system.

Ok, so after further playing around with things and trying to fix the issues I have, I came to find that the not turning the screen off issue is also related to my dual sense controller. I can unplug it and then the screen will turn off after the selected time period. I would love to find away to keep it plugged in and the screen to turn off, but at least I know what was causing that issue. I still have no idea what is causing the lock-up when it goes to sleep though, so that’s still not ideal, and I wish there was a way for the system to not switch to the controller’s speaker when I plug it in.

1 Like

And post number 3 lol. I remembered that I had an issue with sleep on arch and found on the arch forum where someone else with a similar motherboard as mine had the same issue and someone posted a fix, so I tried that on Bazzite just now and it worked.

Run this command:

/bin/bash -c "echo GPP0 >> /proc/acpi/wakeup"
Then try to suspend, if it works make it persistent with a service

Create this service:

/etc/systemd/system/wakeup-disable_GPP0.service

[Unit]
Description=Fix suspend by disabling GPP0 sleepstate thingie

[Service]
ExecStart=/bin/bash -c "echo GPP0 >> /proc/acpi/wakeup"

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target
systemctl enable wakeup-disable_GPP0.service
systemctl start wakeup-disable_GPP0.service
Had a similar issue a while back, also on 5600x but B550m.

See if it works (you can then proceed with updating to the latest bios and kernel)

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=271357

Now if I could just figure out my 2 smaller issues with the dualsense controller.

1 Like

Update 4:
I found a way to get the system to stop switching to the dualsense as the audio device when plugging it in. In desktop mode (KDE) I went to settings/ sound and then where dual sense shows up, I clicked on the profile dropdown and selected off. After that when booting into bazzite in either desktop mode or gaming mode it defaults to my motherboards sound as the default output like it should.

Last issue I have to solve is figureing out how to get the system to turn off the screen/sleep when the dualsense controller is plugged in. (if anyone has a clue, please chime in, as I have run into a brick wall on this one)

At this point, I am only updating this topic in case someone else in the future has one of these issues, since no one has chimed in to point me in a direction to diagnose or fix any of these issues or even say hi.

2 Likes

You could bind it to a hotkey. I have all my power options on hotkeys.

1 Like

I have my power button set to put the system to sleep now that I have the sleep issue fixed, I was just hoping to be able to just walk away from it like I always have, and it just go to sleep, but that will at least work for now. I keep trying to search the internet related to this issue and all the results seem to be geared towards people playing games with controllers on Linux and the system going to sleep on them in the middle of a game, so I guess I should feel lucky to not have that issue.

I’d say it’s likely your controller is giving some kind of constant controller input that’s preventing the PC from sleeping. The only things I can suggest are make sure your sticks are fully centered, that the triggers aren’t being pushed in, and that nothing is touching or pushing on the touchpad. You could check all these in a gamepad tester (possibly even just Steam’s own one) to make sure there isn’t any spurious input keeping the PC from sleeping.

I asked yesterday on discord and found out it is a feature of Bazzite. It has a package installed by default called joystickwake. That package is like caffeine but works when a controller is plugged in where it keeps the screen awake. I knew it wasn’t a stick drift issue as I installed some new sticks and calibrated them (the new Gullikit TMR replacement sticks) and even checked again to make sure it wasn’t a button registering as being pressed. In any case, I now have all 3 problems solved.

ok, these 3 post are the solutions to the issues I had.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.