Things that I can't get working

I’m trying out Bazzite and a few things are not working right or not at all. I can’t seen to find anything here to help out. For reference my laptop is an MSI GF63 8rc (intel 8300u) with muxless hybrid graphics between an intel 630 and an Nvidia 1050.

Namely I’m having issues with supergfxctl The plasma widget says its for an older version of plasma and does not load. When I tried to use the cli, I loged out after setting integrated and was dropped to a blank screen. The setting did not stick after reboot. I’d like it to behave like windows does, only powering up the gpu when it’s in use.

Barrier is kind of working, I can share my keyboard from my windows host, the mouse stops on the host machine but doesn’t show up in Bazzite. I assume that’s why I can’t switch back to the host without restarting Barrier. I was using input director for win to win sharing, I like that better. It allows a machine to be a host and a server at the same time. I was wondering if that would work in proton. Stop me if that’s a dumb idea. It also says runtime EOL in warehouse and I don’t know what that means exactly.

Scrcpy doesn’t do anything, the console says failed to find executable… I tried reinstalling it from the Portal app. I checked it’s in the Fedora box.

And lastly I installed remmina via flatplak. No surprise the GTK theme looks nothing like the QT theme. I’d like to fix that, this is my first experience with flatpack. If anyone has a quick answer that will save me an hour of reading, that would be much appreciated.

At some point I’m going to screw around with VM’s. I also want to put this on my server. Set up next/own cloud, plex, minecraft, etc… That’s for another post I think.

I found the issue with the supergfxctl plasmoid. It seems the the version in the ostree image is 1.3.1 witch is not compatible with plasma 6. The version in the copr repo is 2.0.0 I tried layering the update package. It appeared to install but on reboot it is still using the 1.3.1 package. So now I’m stuck here.

For scrcpy I think it’s a typo. the full error in the console says
failed to find executable /usr/bin/distrobox–nter: No such file or directory
THe command in the launcher is correct so I don’t know what’s going on here.