Single GPU Passthrough doens't work in BazziteOS

I tried following the guide for GPU passthrough and adapted some of the steps for Bazzite immutable stuff, but it didn’t work. I used the same guide on a fresh Debian 12 install and it worked perfectly without any adjustments.

Does anyone know why it’s not working with Bazzite?

Edit:
Forgot to add the guide

Use ujust setup-virtualization

I already used all the scripts to install and setup virtualization, but the windows VM shows bios loading and goes to a black screen.

Alright, it might seem a bit silly, but I got it working with a basic script from this guide: GitHub - QaidVoid/Complete-Single-GPU-Passthrough: Single GPU VFIO Passthrough Guide. I just edited the script and followed the instructions for AMD 6000 series cards.

Note: If you’re using an AMD 6000 series card, make sure to comment out the “Unbind/rebind EFI framebuffer” line in both the start and stop scripts (#9). Also, move that line to unload the AMD kernel module below where you detach devices from the host. These steps might also be relevant for older AMD cards.

I’m going to try applying this fix to the other scripts too!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.