List of Community Created Custom Images

Create Your Own Custom Image

Configs

Note: Use the images below at your own risk.

This list is an attempt to organize and collect public configs of custom images by the community. This will help others build their own and allow for us to learn from each other.

(in alphabetical order)

Contribute Your Own!

This page is a wiki, add your own!

See also: Universal Blue Base Images

4 Likes

Whoa, Secureblue caught my attention. I wondered if there would be interest in building a hardened Fedora. Turns out there already was!

4 Likes

Curious why Eternal Linux is not on the list

It’s a wiki, people can add whatever images they’d like!

Wanted to add my own image:

Aurora Repo

A KDE based fork of Bluefin that wants to stay as close to upstream as possible, with the better desktop of course. :ok_hand:

1 Like

Eternal Linux is my highly opinionated and unstable distribution. I don’t intend on people using it directly, but rather cloning it to their own GitHub account and making changes there. The aim is to show what’s possible, not for people to depend on the project.

I deprecate older versions of packages without announcements (as i expect only I am using them) and I plan to add additional security tooling that most may not want, so would recommend not making your desktops dependant on my repo - create your own using my code as a base or reference. This is why I don’t really advertise it on these sorts of posts.

Eternal Linux is what I need in a desktop, and I often use it as a test-bed for things I bring across to Universal Blue.

Yes, people can use it if they wish, but don’t expect anything near as stable as Universal Blue images as I am running it as a personal project, rather than a community project.

3 Likes

Would you like me to remove it from the list?

It is great to see lot of custom images :slight_smile: more people, more images , more love for this beautiful project !

2 Likes