New to Bluefin/UBlue! So far so good.
I’m setting up a dev environment and I’m installing all my dev tools in a distrobox container.
However, I need to access a MariaDB database from my project in the distrobox container. My initial thought was to run a MariaDB podman container on the host and access that from the distrobox container.
Any ideas on how to get this working? The MariaDB podman container is working fine. I can access the DB via podman exec -ti mariadb mariadb -u root -p mysql. I didn’t specify a network in the docker-compose.yml file so it created a mariadb_default network and it has been assigned 10.89.0.5 address.
How can I access this from the distrobox container? That IP is not available if I try and connect to it via the mariadb command and I cannot ping it.
It appears as though the MariaDB container is running on a separate network than the distrobox container. Any ideas how I can accomplish this?
As a test I set up a container in Incus rather than podman and installed/configured MariaDB and I’m able to connect to that from the distrobox container. I’d prefer to just use a podman container for the database if possible.
Thanks for the assistance!