This seems to have gotten more complicated lately. At the time I originally posted I was unaware of the bootc migration. And now given the apparent retirement of ucore I’m not sure if that recommendation is still stands. Of course the fact that I know nothing about CoreOS and it’s configuration seems to match some of the reasons for retiring the project.
I see the post suggesting a Fedora-based bootc custom image but I am way out of my depth here.
Basically I am looking for an immutable, headless install for a high-powered build machine for Embedded Linux (ie lots of Yocto project builds). Can anyone dumb down the alternatives for me? I’ve considered learning NixOS but have not gotten there yet. I love what I hear about bootc but am just coming up to speed.
I think at a minimum I will install Proxmox natively on my build machine which will at least give me some flexibility in trying various alternative. I appreciate any input and feedback others may provide.
Drew